Disney Vacation Club merchandise now available at DisneyStore.com!

mt_ignore: Merchandise

DVCNews Debates: ARDA ROC PAC

Written by Tim Krasniewski on . Posted in DVCNews Debates

DVCNews DebatesEarlier this year Disney Vacation Club president Jim Lewis was named to a 2-year term as Chairman of the American Resorts Development Association.  The ARDA is dedicated to protecting the interests of timeshare developers and owners through lobbying efforts and consumer advocacy.

In the Fall 2009 issue of Disney Files magazine, Lewis uses his column to illustrate some of the issues the ARDA has been involved with in recent years, as well as current issues the PAC hopes to tackle in the coming months and years.  Lewis also encourages members to show their support by making a donation to the ARDA Resort Owners Coalition.

Topic:  Should Disney Files be used as a platform to discuss and solicit donations for the ARDA ROC PAC ?
DVCNews Debates: ARDA ROC PAC -- DVCNews
Monday, 07 September 2009 05:02
DVCNDebate.jpgEarlier this year Disney Vacation Club president Jim Lewis was named to a 2-year term as Chairman of the American Resorts Development Association. The ARDA is dedicated to protecting the interests of timeshare developers and owners through lobbying efforts and consumer advocacy.

In the Fall 2009 issue of Disney Files magazine, Lewis uses his column to illustrate some of the issues the ARDA has been involved with in recent years, as well as current issues the PAC hopes to tackle in the coming months and years. Lewis also encourages members to show their support by making a donation to the ARDA Resort Owners Coalition.

Topic: Should Disney Files be used as a platform to discuss and solicit donations for the ARDA ROC PAC ?

View complete article
Re: DVCNews Debates: ARDA ROC PAC -- DVC Mike
Monday, 07 September 2009 12:25
While I think the ADRA really looks out more for the interests of timeshare developers rather than timeshare owners, most of the time their work does benefit owners.

I would think most DVC members would have no knowledge of ADRA, unless they own other timeshares. I have no problem with DVC making members aware of ADRA, as long as it doesn't go too far. I wouldn't want every issue of Disney Files Magazine to solicit donations for ADRA.
Re: DVCNews Debates: ARDA ROC PAC -- KNWVIKING 2.0
Monday, 07 September 2009 13:41
We own a TS thru Starwoods. Every year, $5.00 is included in my dues total, but I can choose not to pay it. On the Starwood member website, they explain what the ADRA does with the money - pretty much what Jim explained in the Dis Files.

While I agree with Mike that much of the effort is in the best interest of the developer, I also believe the trickle down affect is positive for the owners. For instance, any fees a state imposes on the developer will simply be added to my purchase price or dues. If they can prevent a fee, it will save me money.

I have no problem with Jim's letter in the Dis Files and his effort to raise funds for the PAC. I think they should make it an ongoing Dis File feature.
Re: DVCNews Debates: ARDA ROC PAC -- AFMom
Monday, 07 September 2009 14:18
I also have no problem. We do benefit. I personally think a once a year reminder in the magazine is enough, though - this should not become more common than that.
Re: DVCNews Debates: ARDA ROC PAC -- KNWVIKING 2.0
Monday, 07 September 2009 14:56
AFMom wrote:

I don't think it needs to be in every issue either, but I do think as important events transpire in the TS industry - things that will directly affect DVC members - we should be made aware of them.

At the minimum there should always be info availible on the official DVC website.

DVCNews Wildlife Wednesday: On Your Mark, Get Set… Let Them Go! – Sea Turtles Set Off On Migratory Journey: FG_AU... http://t.co/6B2fBcnWMD #DVC
15hreplyretweetfavorite