Disney Vacation Club recently sent a survey to select members asking for feedback on the value of certain current and proposed member perks.
The bulk of the survey consists of asking members to select the "most important" and "least important" perks from a list of five options. Here is a list--in no particular order--of many of the perks which members were asked to evaluate:
- Ability to reserve (for a fee) a one-night stay in the Cinderella Castle Suite at the Magic Kingdom® or the Disney Dream Suite at Disneyland® Park, based on availability
- Special offers/discounts for tickets to Walt Disney World® Theme Park events (such as Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party)
- 10% Merchandise Discount at select shops at Downtown Disney® (i.e. Arribas Brothers, Basin, and Curl by Sammy Duvall at Walt Disney World® and Anne Geddes, Basin, and Compass Books & Café at Disneyland® Resort)
- Access to paid VIP experiences, such as dinner with an Imagineer, Food & Wine event with celebrity chef, Illuminations Dessert Party and VIP fireworks seating
- Exclusive Disney Vacation Club gifts and In-Room Celebrations (to personalize a special occasion or holiday) available for purchase
- 10% Dining Discount at select Disney Theme Parks, resort hotels, and Downtown Disney® restaurants
- Free high-speed Internet access when staying at a Disney Vacation Club Resort
- "Coupon book" with vouchers for free popcorn and beverages to redeem in the Disney Theme Parks
- Free Disney’s PhotoPass photo or free shipping on orders at DisneyPhotoPass.com
- Special “pre-opening” or “after hours” shopping events at Walt Disney World® that include exclusive sale prices
- Free one-week exchange through RCI (accommodations only) for up to 4 people
- Access to a personal vacation planner (an individual who serves as the single point of contact for reservations, information, etc.)
- Free access to Member appreciation events, such as "Welcome Home Wednesdays" and "Merry Member Mixer"
- Discounts on Walt Disney World® Resort single and multi-day theme park tickets
- Sneak preview events to experience new attractions and shows before opening to the public
- Discounts on tickets to Cirque du Soleil™ – La Nouba at Walt Disney World®
- Discounts on tickets for Disney on Broadway performances in New York City
- 20% Dining Discount at select Disney Theme Parks, resort hotels, and Downtown Disney® restaurants
- Free D23 Membership (D23 is an official community for Disney fans)
- Free parking at the Disney Theme Parks
- Cash reward for referring others who join Disney Vacation Club Discounts on select Walt Disney World® Theme Park tours (such as Disney’s Keys to the Kingdom, Behind the Seeds, Backstage Safari, etc.)
- Tiered recognition that provides increasing perks based on the number of points you own or refer - the more you own or refer, the more perks you receive
- Discounts for Children’s Activity Centers at the Walt Disney World® Resort Hotels
- Discounts on select Disneyland® Resort annual passes
- Discounts on select Walt Disney World® Resort annual passes
- Disney Vacation Club Golf Membership available to purchase for a nominal cost (Provides the Member and up to three Guests with discounted per-round pricing at all Walt Disney World® golf courses for a full year from the date of purchase.)
- Discounts on select marina/recreation offerings (such as Pontoon and Sea Raycer rentals, bicycle rentals, etc.)
- Discounts on Disneyland® Resort single and multi-day theme park tickets
The survey was structured such that many of the options above were repeated in multiple questions, with respondants being asked to select their most and least important perk from each grouping.
For example, one question asked members to rank their most and least important perk from a list that includes free Internet service, 10% dining discount, 10% merchandise discount, free parking at Disney Theme Parks and a coupon book for free pop corn and beverages.
A separate question asked for the most and least favored perk from a group that includes free Internet service, DVC golf membership, Walt Disney World ticket discounts, free D23 membership and access to paid VIP experiences.
Along the way, respondants were asked for feedback regarding why they ranked certain options in the manner that they did. A list of current perks was also presented with members asked to rank how much they like or dislike each item on a 10-point scale.